A desirable telephoto for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the Samyang MF 85mm F1.8 ED UMC CS Lens pairs a sleek form factor with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for depth of field control and greater versatility in difficult lighting conditions. The optical design features one extra-low dispersion element, which reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing, and one high refractive index element to control spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to boost contrast by suppressing lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the lens has a manual focus design for precise focusing down to 2.1' and a nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Telephoto prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques.
- One extra-low dispersion element is used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce imagery with a high degree of clarity and color fidelity.
- A high refractive index element is used to control spherical aberrations and distortions in order to realize higher sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to all lens elements in order to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- This manual focus lens has a non-rotating 62mm front filter mount to better enable the use of polarizing, graduated ND, and other filter types that require precise positioning.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
|85mm F1.8 ED UMC CS
|F1.8 ~ F22
|9 Elements in 7 groups
|ED 1, HR 1
|Minimum Focusing Distance
|Angle of view
Without Lens Cap, Hood