The high resolution optics of the Samyang XP 85mm F1.2 prime lens have been speciﬁcally designed to meet the extreme capabilities of Canon’s professional cameras. This superior full frame portrait-length lens provides a 28.52° field of view for Canon Full Frame DSLRs or an18.98° field of view with a 136mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C models.
A pair of high refractive index elements along with one aspherical element is used to reduce distortions and spherical aberrations to deliver a high degree of clarity and sharpness. Samyang Ultra Multi-Coating and the removable lens hood are employed to suppress ghosting and flare and provide increased contrast and color fidelity.
The Samyang XP 85mm F1.2 also sports an exceptionally fast f/1.2 maximum aperture to provide enhanced low light capability, faster shutter speeds and super shallow depth ﬁeld for selective focus effects. Additionally the smooth, quiet and precise manual focus control provides close focusing as close as 31", and the sleek aluminum alloy housing is both lightweight and durable to benefit handling as well as improved durability.
- Provides exceedingly high quality stills and video with both Canon Full Frame and APS-C (crop sensor) cameras
- Its large F1.2 aperture provides enhanced low light capability, faster shutter speeds and super shallow depth ﬁeld control.
- Two High Refractive Index lens elements plus a precision aspherical lens element combine to minimize aberrations and increase sharpness.
- Its all metal construction with an ergonomically designed shape and grip deliver a luxurious look, excellent durability and comfortable use.
- For easy use with polarizing and other ﬁlters where positioning must be maintained, the ﬁlter mount is designed not to rotate when the lens is focused.
|Model name||85mm F1.2 XP|
|Aperture range||F1.2 ~ 16|
|Lens optical construction||10 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Special lens||1 Aspherical, 2 High Refractive Index|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.8m (31.5")|
|Maximum magnification ratio||x 0.13|
|Number of blades||9|
|Angle of view||Full Frame||28.52˚|