The Samyang 14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II Lens was developed primarily for film and video applications. The cine version of Samyang's 14mm lens features industry-standard gearing for the focus and aperture ring, and the aperture ring has been de-clicked for smooth iris pulls. The aperture and focus scales have also been relocated to the side of the lens, where it is easier for focus pullers to read them.
This lens is compatible with full-frame sensors and can also be used on APS-C-sized sensors, where the 35mm-equivalent focal length will be 22.4mm. The optical construction incorporates three high refractive index elements, two extra-low dispersion elements, one hybrid aspherical elements, and one aspherical element to reduce chromatic aberration and distortion to produce sharper imagery. Additionally, a UMC coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich images.
- Fast T3.1 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Three high refractive index elements, two extra-low dispersion elements, one hybrid aspherical element, and one aspherical element reduce chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Geared aperture and focus rings are compatible with standard follow focuses for greater control over adjustment.
- De-clicked aperture ring facilitates smooth, quiet exposure adjustments during recording.
|Specifications||14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II|
|Aperture range||T3.1 ~ T22|
|Optical Construction||14 ELEMENTS IN 10 GROUPS (1 GLASS ASP & 1 HYBRID ASP)|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.28m (0.92ft)|
|Mount||Nikon F||Canon EF||Sony E||Micro 4/3|
|Angle of view||Full Frame||115.7˚||115.7˚||115.7˚||-|
|Focus Ring Diameter||73.6mm|
|Aperture Ring Diameter||70.4mm||73.6mm|